Wednesday 26 March 2014

Mr Franks Model of the Name Post Students are Preparing for their Blogs

Leo Edwin Frank

I got my name from my parents. They reason they called me Leo is a long story. My older brother was called Bernard. When I was born Bernard was seven years old. He was at school but he was having a lot of trouble. This was because he was finding it impossible to remember how to spell his name. For him spelling his name was as difficult as carrying out brain surgery! So, when I came along Mum and Dad were determined that I should have an easy name to spell. And it worked! L.E.O. I can still spell it today!

My middle name is Edwin. That is my Dads name although most people call him Eddie. You know when Dad's in trouble because Mum uses his full name in a screeching voice. "Edwin!!" Otherwise people (including Mum, call him Eddie). I like having Dad's name for a middle name, he is friendly and kind.
My last name Frank is my family name. The Frank family have lived in New Zealand for a long time. I am the fourth generation of Franks to live in this country. Before that my family lived in Germany. During World War Two Kiwi people with German names like Frank were targeted and hassled by other New Zealanders. But nothing happened to our family. Dad spent World War Two working for the Air Force fixing and maintaining aircraft.

I really like my name. It is short and easy to say. Not many other people are called Leo so it's a little bit special. Whenever I meet someone else called Leo we usually get along well and we have something to talk about straight away, our names!

If I could be a different name it would be one of the names of other people I really like. When I was younger I wanted to be called Kev. I had a bigger brother called Kevin and we all called him Kev. Kevin was big and tough and I thought if I was called Kev I would be big and tough too.
Another name I liked was Will. Will was my best mate, he was funny, friendly, and great to play with. One other name I liked was Han. Han was a main character in one of my favourite movies. Han was funny and brave so I thought it would be cool if I was called Han.
But, overall I'm happy to be called Leo.

I've had lots of nicknames. The first one I ever had was Franky. I thought it was cool when my friends started calling me that at school, it made me feel really special. Today my nickname is MidderFrank. Kids started calling me this ages ago and they still do today.

People sometimes call me

No comments:

Post a Comment